In April 2020, Safari Ltd® approached WPIC and expressed interest in a China market entry for their line of educational, animal-focused Toys that Teach®.
Having heard about the opportunity that the $23 billion USD Chinese toy market presents, the company understood that the PRC would be a tremendous opportunity for growth for the brand, especially as the global brick-and-mortar retail market came to a halt during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tasked with entry into a brand new market, Safari Ltd® was faced with a variety of tasks that needed to be completed, including:
- SKU localization
- Store build and deployment
- CSR setup and management
- Platform marketing, performance marketing and content marketing
- Management of 3PL
Safari Ltd® engaged WPIC with executing all of the above elements of their market entry.
Not only did they need to be sure that their brand was being communicated in the market effectively, but they wanted to ensure that their online store was live in time for the summer and fall, providing sufficient runway for the company to participate in China’s 2020 11/11 Singles’ Day shopping festival.
As part of the market entry, Safari Ltd® tasked WPIC with:
- Handling of all administration tasks, including: acting as merchant of record and receiver of record; setting up business licenses in the market; trademark certification; payment escrow account setup; and more
- Building a SKU localization program to evaluate (using Discripto™ data) and localizing product selection, as well as marketing collateral
- End to end store set up. This included: store design proposals; wireframe development; store implementation and opening of the SDK environment; deployment of the store; API integration into the 3PL system; activating live chat accounts; QA checks; and more
- Building, deploying and managing an in-market customer service and support program for the brand, including hiring and training staff, building a reporting structure, and ongoing program optimizations
- Building and executing an end-to-end in-market advertising and promotions program, including: live-streaming content; in-platform advertising; PPC; SEO; WeChat and Weibo social content; and more
- Warehousing and logistics support
Thanks to WPIC’s efforts, Safari Ltd® was able to launch their JD store and allow customers to begin purchasing products within 34 days of kicking off their market entry plan.
Today, Safari Ltd®’s JD store is gaining momentum in the Chinese e-commerce ecosystem and is growing revenues each week.
The company has put itself in position to build upon several months of strong performance in the market, giving themselves a strong chance to be considered for the 11/11 Singles’ Day festival’s “Official Sale” in November.
Started by a team of product designers in Bells Beach in 2009, Bellroy is an Australian accessories brand, specializing in leather goods like wallets, bags, phone cases, and more, that specialize in helping consumers move seamlessly through the world with ease and confidence. MORE
Fruit D’or is a Quebec-based company that specializes in the processing of berries. A Canadian organization that has been in business for over 20 years, they rank first worldwide in growing organic cranberries, and second as an organic wild blueberry processor. MORE