Joseph is the Co-Founder and President of WPIC Marketing + Technologies, and he recently returned from his first trip to China in 38 months, having spent a week and a half there. As one of the first North American business people to visit China since the initial COVID lockdowns in 2019, we thought it would be a great opportunity to bring him back on the show to share his insights on the current situation in China.
Today, Joseph provides insights into the changes in China he’s seen over the 3 years since he last visited. Our discussion focuses on China’s economy and markets, examining how the country is expected to evolve in the future. We discuss sectors in China that have undergone significant transformations before concluding with a discussion on major upcoming marketing, sales, and shopping events in the country. If you plan to expand your business into this lucrative market or even travel to China in the coming year, don’t miss out on this episode.
Topics Discussed and Key Points:
● Joseph’s life in China pre-COVID
● Arriving in China and going through the airport
● Domestic travel in China
● Rebuilding connections
● China’s economy and where it is heading
● China’s welcoming of foreigners post-COVID
● Sectors in China that have seen a drastic metamorphosis
● Changes in the Chinese market over the previous few years
● Habits in China impacted by COVID
● Micro breakdowns of specific sub-sectors
● Queens Day and 618- the major holidays in H1 in China
Stay on top of industry trends and best practices.