This episode of The Negotiation podcast
features part 1 of our BIG discussion with Gordon Domlija
, an advertising and media specialist with over 25 years of experience in communications and marketing, and an expert in growing companies in China and the Asia Pacific. Most recently, Gordon has launched Elucidate X
as Co-Founder and Managing Partner.
In Part 1 of our conversation with Gordon
, we explore the dynamic world of marketing and advertising during China’s rapid urbanization and opening up between the mid-2000s and today. We take a deep dive into the innovative marketing strategies that have emerged in China, the challenges of implementing some of these strategies, and some of the effective communication strategies that fit the market that may be different from the rest of the world.
Our episode offers a comprehensive look at how both technology and China’s modernization have shaped marketing and advertising in the region and today’s best practices around connecting brands and customers. From social media platforms to cutting-edge marketing tools, we explore how brands can leverage the latest technologies in-market to drive business growth and stay ahead of the competition (which is a full-time job in and of itself).
Tune in to gain valuable insights into the world of marketing and advertising in China and beyond, and discover the strategies that can help you achieve success in this rapidly evolving landscape.
Topics Discussed and Key Points:
● The rapid urbanization and economic growth that occurred in China in the early and mid-2000s.
● How investment from the Chinese government led to unprecedented urbanization and opportunity in China
● The marketing landscape in China in the year 2008 and how it evolved over the past 15 years
● The importance of staying ahead of trends and keeping up with technology in advertising and marketing – especially in China
● Gordon’s most memorable campaigns and experiences while working with innovative brands in China like Nike, Land Rover, and Meituan
● Adapting effective communication strategies to fit the market
● The complexity of consumer behavior and targeting in China
● Why China is still an incredibly responsive market
● Role of technology and modernization in shaping marketing
● Best practices for connecting brands and customers
● Leveraging the latest technologies for business growth
● Unique consumer behavior in China
● Rapid responsiveness and monitoring of sales targets
● Need for good advice and contingency plans for the China market