In this episode of The Negotiation podcast, we have the pleasure to sit down with Thomas Yeoh, Managing Director at Baozun Asia, a leading brand e-commerce solutions provider. Thomas has 30+ years of experience in organizational transformation and M&A advisory. He provides strategic advice on leadership, growth, and technology-driven eCommerce solutions for businesses in Southeast Asia and China.
In our conversation with Thomas, we discuss how consumer brands can grow in Southeast Asia. We explore why it’s important to have a careful and personalized approach to succeed in this diverse and complicated market. We talk about understanding the different cultures and affordability levels in the region, as well as the need for reliable local partners or teams. This conversation gives useful advice and insights for brands that want to expand into Southeast Asia. If you’re thinking about expanding your brand into Southeast Asia, this episode will give you valuable information and tips. Enjoy!
Topics Discussed and Key Points:
● The population disparity between Southeast Asia and China, and the potential factors contributing to the gap.
● The rapid development and growing acceptance of digital payment infrastructure in Southeast Asia, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
● The changing labor laws in Indonesia, making it more attractive for manufacturing investments.
● The growth of the middle class and expanding the consumer market potential in Southeast Asia.
● The rise of TikTok as an e-commerce platform.
● Overcoming the trust factor in e-commerce.
● The strategic approach for international brands in establishing regional logistics hubs in Southeast Asia.
● The importance of identifying specific target segments within Southeast Asia.
● The need to adapt marketing messages to align with the cultural and local market nuances of Southeast Asia.
Let's take the first step.